Here are various items you may use during your rotation:
- Creating a differential diagnosis in Emergency Medicine
- EM Feedback Form (you’ll turn this in on the last day as well)
- Use this Schedule Template to help you make your schedule
For during your shifts
- Blank Patient Logs (turn in completed forms at end)
- Blank H&P Template (some find it useful)
- Rule outs card
For your presentations
Your presentations should be a critical appraisal of an article based on a question you have selected. This includes selecting a good question, phrasing it properly (PICO), good literature search, analyzing the article, then applying it to your practice.
Here are some great resources to help with the critical appraisal of your articles. Let’s avoid the systematic reviews for our presentation, but I’ve included them here because I think these are just great resources.
- Sample Presentations
- EBEM Presentation (use it if it helps)
- Grading Rubric for your Presentations
Asynchronous Interactive Modules
The idea of these modules is that you complete them on your own, then we can spend class time discussing your thought process. I think our time is better spent not lecturing, but where you get to think and I get to see how you think.
- Abdominal pain in males and females